Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Weekend at Banana & Poppy's House

Friday morning, Joshua and I headed out for a trip to Lewistown to visit Nana (who I affectionately refer to as Banana, which mom hates but I can't seem to help) and Poppy as well as Aunt Libby and Uncle Zig. We were busy but the little guy kept up like a champ.

Friday we visited Poppy's office and made a mess of things there. Joshua especially liked Rebecca's basket of goodies! We then went to visit Great Grandma Mary and Great Pappy Ray at the nursing home. Gram really seemed to enjoy seeing Joshua play in her room and seemed to put together that he belonged to me. It was a good day for her - she recognized me even after having not seen us in a few months. That did my heart good.

Saturday we visited Aunt Libby at her house and wrecked things there. There's a reason I sometimes call him Hurricane Joshua. Sometimes we say it nicely and say, "He's curious." Really, he's a hurricane! We walked around Burnham Days for a while and ran into family as well, so that was nice. In the evening, we played in Club Bob and watched some football. The highlights were that PSU had a decided victory for the first game of the year and MICHIGAN LOST! A very good day for a bunch of Nittany Lion fans. Josh was dressed in his PSU t-shirt to cheer them on. We're hoping his first words might be "We are..."!

Sunday we went to church and then did some shopping in the afternoon. The day rounded out with a wonderful lasagna dinner and a walk around mom and dad's development.

Monday morning we packed up and headed home to meet Jason after a wedding in Virginia. I'm sorry to announce that we had a house guest when we returned----- a MOUSE who stared at me in the basement. Not knowing what else to do, I screamed like a little girl and then called Jason on his cell phone to report the intruder. He took care of the situation when he got home, but I would not step foot into the basement again until the critter was gone for good. Let's hope that's the last of them. No mice welcome!

Here are a few pictures of Joshua on our trip... Enjoy!

No comments: