Monday, October 15, 2007

A comedy of errors...

You all got a small taste of the mood Joshua was in yesterday with the beans story. So I just have to tell you about our "comedy of errors" yesterday when it came to clothing. I have always been blessed with a child who didn't spit up much or make too much of a mess...until now evidently. Actually, when he was a little baby and I had all of these adorable outfits, I always secretly hoped he'd make a mess so I could change him (and of course, take more pictures). But he made up for it yesterday.

Here's how it went:

Wake up. Eat pancakes. Change clothes for church. He wore an adorable pair of khakis and a little brown and red rugby shirt. Adorable. But too nice for playing. So...

Come home from church. Change into play clothes.

Eat lunch. Beans smashed on head. Tubby Time. Change clothes for nap.

Sleep for two hours. Wake up and go to grocery store. Here's where it gets interesting. Somewhere between the yogurt aisle and the end of the baby food aisle, Joshua's entire sippy cup of water got emptied......into the shopping cart cover where he was sitting. I didn't know this until I went to get him out of the cart and into the car seat. At which point he started dripping. And then I realized that he had not, in fact, finished the water by DRINKING it.

Go home...wet. Hang up cart cover (which, consequently, has been one of the most useful of all gifts we received for the baby. The Floppy Seat wins big points in my book. Thank you Courtney and Ryan and Teagan!). Take cover off of carseat. Hang both to dry (since you cannot ever dry a car seat cover...learned in car seat tech class). Change clothes into MORE play clothes. Change mommy's clothes since the dripping got me too.

Play. Eat dinner. Tubby time. Pajamas.

Phew. Suffice it to say that I had a whole load of laundry just from Joshua yesterday. No harm done, but by the end of the day it had gotten a bit ridiculous and very comical. Joshua would just look at me like, "I know. Now I have to get my clothes changed."

Talk to you all soon.

No comments: