Monday, November 19, 2007

Overdue Pictures!

Dancing with Karen at Bedford Springs! You can see from the background that this is not exactly a toddler friendly resort, but we managed. There were fireplaces all around the lobby. And we all kept saying "Hot Joshua! Hot!" to keep him away from them. My mom tells me that he would repeat something sounding like "hot" back to her.

While this isn't the best picture, it does show two things--- his funny orange hat that matches his new funny orange coat and the awesome sweater he wore to have his picture taken with Santa. We didnt' use his coat in the car seat because of the heavy sweater. No heavy, bulky material between baby and car seat straps for safety sake. Parents out there- use a blanket instead of a heavy coat and just put the coat on to go outside the car. Sorry- car seat lady just can't help herself.



These pictures were before work yesterday. The one of him standing up shows just how tall he's getting. It wasn't long ago that he didn't reach the marker on the table leg. You can see now that's not an issue.

I just have to take a minute and update you on a heartwarming new trick. Now, let me preface this by saying that Joshua has been babbling "da-da" for everything--- EVERYTHING--- since he learned how to babble. I always felt a little left out although I was thrilled that he was making any babbling sounds at all because of how delayed that was. Well now I'm really feeling for Jason because Joshua has learned to say "mama" on purpose now. When I point to myself and ask him "Who's this?" he smiles and says "ma-ma" (actually, "uh-ma-ma" or "my-ma-ma"). It's adorable. This just started on Sunday afternoon. Yesterday I was beginning to think that it was a fluke because he wouldn't say it for anything yesterday morning before work. But when I walked in the door and said hello to him, he came toddling across the kitchen floor with arms high in the air for a hug saying "my-ma-ma" with grandma as a witness. And I just about melted. There has not been anything short of his first breath and cry in the delivery room that warmed my heart like hearing him say "mama" and meaning it did.

More to come on my thoughts about Thanksgiving this year. I can't wait to post pictures of the Turkey Day festivities with both sides of the family.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments: