Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Baby Horoscope

I received a new Parents magazine in the mail yesterday and just happened to flip through it before putting it in my bag to go home. I came upon an article that I just have to share. It was about baby horoscopes and although I don't really believe in that kind of thing, I do find it interesting.

So here's the reading for our October 25th Scorpio. I'm wondering if maybe they did a case study on Joshua before writing this paragraph.

"Your child's intensity and perceptiveness are striking (and at times challenging). Even as an infant, he'll read and respond to your emotions, so manage your anger and frustration in front of him. Because your little one is especially determined to get his own way, you'll need to put your patience into overdrive. And since Scorpions are prone to shyness in large social settings, make frequent eye contact and let him know you're there to protect him. Also, keep your home well-stocked with objects that appeal to your child's probing nature: he likes soft stacking rings, toys with different textures and open-the-flap books."

Ummmm......pretty much spot on. Maybe there's something to this after all. And if so, perhaps we'll look to the stars when planning Joshua's brother or sister to find the calm, easy, always pleasant child who likes to sleep. Hee hee!

Thought you'd enjoy that.

2 comments:

BrookesMommy said...

That's actually a little creepy! I guess if you believe that kind of thing, you can definitely plan the write time frame to have the "perfect" child...although we both know that those kind of things are easier to plan than we think! I guess the baby who turned out to be Hurricane Joshua was just in the stars! :) Love him!

Sue said...

I don't know if this is going to help or hurt... but your son and I are the same sign. (Are you uh-oh'ing me yet? lol) Oh and this -- "And since Scorpions are prone to shyness in large social settings," is SO true.