Friday, February 1, 2008

Snow Day!


MMM....Grilled cheese and carrots...my favorite!



Hey Mama, can you see me if I do this?


It's a snow day here! If I'm being truthful, the culprit for my day at home today is actually the ice that is still coating everything within view. But trust me, I'm not complaining about a long weekend, a day to spend with my favorite little man and a to do list that is getting shorter and shorter for the weekend because of some actual TIME to get things done. In my opinion, 4 day work weeks would be ideal. I'm finding that the normal 2 day weekend simply isn't enough time to get things done (ie. laundry, cleaning, bathrooms, etc. etc.) and still have any time to do anything fun or unwind in preparation for another week of the rat race. But I digress.


Joshua is enjoying a nap (and so am I)- and a well deserved one at that. He's been going strong all morning. We had a great time running the sweeper and the swiffer. Joshua has been sad that we put the big sweeper away ever since that happened this morning at about 8:30. He keeps going to the door and grunting for it to come back out and play with him.


Joshua had a great lunch- a whole 1/2 cup serving of carrots, a whole grilled cheese sandwich (minus the crust) and some pieces of an apple. Pretty good for my little squirt. He's making great progress on milk from a sippy cup. We're down to only one bottle a day now, and that's at bedtime. I know he's supposed to be off of bottles by now, but I'm not in a hurry to take away that bed time one. It fills his tummy before bed and gives us a little cuddle time before he drifts off to sleep. But it won't be long for that one either I have a feeling.


We don't have any huge plans for the weekend. We're kicking around the idea of taking Joshua for his first haircut tomorrow, but nothing has been decided for sure. His baby comb-over is getting a little long, so it may be time to bite the bullet and get him trimmed up a little bit. I can't imagine that this is something he'll enjoy...but trust me, there will be pictures if it does, indeed, happen tomorrow. Sunday I have some responsibilities at church, but other than that, we'll probably throw some hot dogs in the crock pot with sauerkraut and whip up some taco dip and settle in for the Superbowl, even though we really don't care what happens. I enjoy watching the ads---- I know, marketing geek that I am.


So that's about it from here. Hope you enjoyed the pictures! Have a great weekend everyone!


Peacefully dreaming...there's nothing more precious.

No comments: