Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Go Go Gadget Arms!




So, what a difference a day makes. Things are starting to look up at the Dugan house. It appears we might not have to sell Joshua after all. Thank goodness. I've gotten attached to the little bugger.

You can see from the first two pictures above that Joshua is growing like a champ. But his arms have taken on Inspector Gadget skills---- he can stretch to reach just about anything. Doorknobs are only about a half inch away from being able to be turned and opened. Oh brother. The desk, the mouse and anything of value that we thought could be kept out of reach on the computer desk are no longer safe. Kitchen counters are getting to be fun. If a pan or a mixing bowl isn't pushed WAAAAAAAY back on the counter, Joshua can have it on the floor in no time. All drawers are able to be opened and emptied. If only I could have kept him about an inch shorter- but since I can't, let the fun begin.

The last two pictures were a little game of Hide and Seek we were playing this morning before work. Joshua was hiding behind chairs and then poking his head up or running around the corner of the couch to yell "Boo!" when I was looking for him. He seems to be back in good spirits again. The only thing that's still off is his sleeping. He doesn't seem to be able to fall asleep in the evenings. He'll lay in my lap and scrooch around all over the place until he finally falls asleep. I think that our falling asleep in Mommy's lap time is just about over....he's just too big to get comfortable with me. So that'll be a fun transition, I'm sure... :o)

Wishing you all a good day today. I'll post again soon.

No comments: