Monday, April 21, 2008

Spring has SPRUNG...


...and we're loving every single minute of it!

It was a busy weekend in Dugan-land. I keep telling everyone that I don't think we're nearly this popular and certainly not this important to be so busy right now, but that seems to be the track we're running on these days. The hectic schedule for the weekend forced me to get things organized, though, so I suppose it was a good byproduct of the whole thing.

Friday and Saturday were United Way Days of Caring, both of which had me out serving with United Way agencies around this area. I painted at SUNCOM (an agency that helps people with disabilities learn life skills and get employment in the area) on Friday afternoon. Anyone who knows me and knows my history of painting knows that this was not a match made in Heaven, but we did our best. I left the skill work up to my newfound friend, Pete. He did the edging and I filled in with the roller. That arrangement worked pretty well. The good news was that I did manage to get home in good time (before nap time ended) on Friday afternoon and get a good supper on the table that evening and finish the house cleaning (SEE...I TOLD you I was forced to get my act together!) Saturday morning, our Kiwanis club was assigned to help at the Food Bank in Lewisburg. So we all showed up and cleaned that place from top to bottom (literally).

During our food bank experience, Joshua got some special Daddy time, which I think he really enjoyed. When I walked in from the project, Joshua touched his head and said "CUT!" He had been for his second official haircut at Rene's Barber Shop. Evidently this experience involved fewer tears than the last. Jason's official report was that he whimpered once and then just sat there and looked around. Good boy Joshua! He looks super handsome...and so grown up with his big boy haircut.

Saturday afternoon we were blessed with a visit from Nana and Pap. Joshua loved playing with Pap- in fact he's still asking for him and looking out the window for his truck. Nana and Pap brought Joshua a very cute Harley outfit and a new ball to play with outside, both of which Joshua is quite impressed with. We had a nice time catching up with them. Saturday afternoon I worked on a project that shall remain detail-less in case my good buddy Lindsay is reading this little entry. She'll see the fruits of my labor on Saturday at her BABY SHOWER! (Sorry Jack, no scoop here.) Then we had a nice dinner and went for a walk in Joshua's wagon on Saturday evening. I believe it was after 9:00 until Joshua had his tub and was ready for bed, but with all of this fresh air he's getting, goodness is he ever sleeping WELL! Not a peep out of him from bedtime until between 6:30-7:00 the next morning.

Sunday we played hooky from church (I know, AGAIN!). All of the spring sprucing up that I'd been doing for everyone else had me motivated to do some inside cleaning at the house. So I worked at scrubbing woodwork and doorframes and windows yesterday morning. I always love it when that's done. And then we played with Joshua the rest of the day/evening since it was chilly and wet outside. I can't even begin to tell you how many block towers we built, or how many times we read his "Going on a Bear Hunt" book. (It's now hidden on top of the fridge because I couldn't bear to read it one more time.)

The two pictures in this post are from our playtime yesterday afternoon. The one at the top was the face I got when I went to get Joshua up from his nap. Precious... The second one was a silly face he made when he charged at me during a game we were playing around his kitchen. No shortage of personality here. Notice that our beloved "Bear" is tightly secure in Joshua's hands in both pictures.

Hope everyone's Monday is going well! See you soon!

No comments: