Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Progress....slow but steady!

The strategy of plugging through the sleep issues seems to be working with some slow, but marked progress. Joshua continues to be excited about sleeping in his "own bed". Last night, he woke up twice (once at 1:30 and once at 3:30), but both times, he fell back to sleep in his bed within 20 minutes without me holding him. Simply amazing for our little sleep troublemaker.

I had to wake him up this morning at 8:00. Unheard of.

And so, I do not claim victory, but simply appreciate the ability to sleep in my own bed with my husband (although I'm not so sure he's happy to have me back...HA!) for at least the large majority of the nighttime hours. Things are starting to make sense again.

On a side note, I've also just learned that our family photo is going to be featured in this year's United Way campaign brochures that are being mailed to every household and every business in Union County. Jason, Joshua and I donned our "Live United" T-shirts and had photos taken at the Lewisburg Studio in May. Since I sit on the board, we were all asked to participate and they asked us to bring Joshua along with us to capture a "young family" shot. So, we did. The picture turned out pretty nice. I'm convinced that we got selected because Joshua is so adorable... If I can figure out how to paste the picture in here, I will. If not, and you don't live in Union County, you'll just have to move here (and quick because the mailers go out right after Labor Day).

Tonight is a leftover lasagna night for supper, so perhaps I'll try to snap a picture of Joshua and his sauce...it's never pretty, but he does scarf it down like a champ. He IS genetically related to me after all!

No comments: