Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"So Sweet"

I feel like all of my blog posts lately have been these little snippets of conversations that I'm having with Joshua. But maybe that reflects the wonder that I have in these small, simple moments with him lately. And I'm sure that some people who read this little look into our family's life probably think I make a little too much out of nothing. But I share because when I look back over the stories and simple pleasures that I've gotten over hearing "kid" stories over the years, it's the little, hillarious moments that stuck with me. Like Courtney telling me about the time Teagan called her new friend Celery (his name was Zachary). And so, I guess this is a long winded way of leading into another new phrase of Josh's.

Last night Joshua was getting ready for his bath and had been playing so nicely with Daddy all evening. I had managed to fold and put away a load of laundry and make a quick call to Nana and Pap, thanks to Daddy's super fun playtime with Joshua. At one point they even came upstairs on a "bear hunt" and claimed that I was a bear. So when it was time for the tub, Joshua was played out and quite sweet. He picked up his beloved Bear and hugged him and said "Bear, you are so sweet."

That little comment came back to me at 5:00 this morning when we were rocking to get Joshua back to sleep. When he wakes up whimpering or fussing, it's usually a clue that he's not quite ready to be awake yet (and that was fine with me). I was sitting there with my most favorite little boy in my lap, noticing how he doesn't fit there easily anymore. He was snuggled up to me with his little hand wrapped around my shoulder and I wanted to tell him how "sweet" he was at that moment. Sometimes those middle of the night (or early morning) times when everything else is quiet are the most special. But I must say, before you all call me mad, I do appreciate them more after a spell of WHOLE NIGHTS of sleep, which is the case today.

Enjoy a few pictures of Joshua from our morning playtime before Grandma got to the house. I especially get a chuckle out of him "moving" his garage into the living room from the playroom. He told me he had to "fix it" with his tools. The last picture of the goofy smile was from last week, but I just found it like a buried treasure on my camera.





No comments: