Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy Friday!

Wearing my hat that I had laying out for the PSU game tomorrow...

And here are the bear slippers. Joshua was using a big spoon to stir up his goldfish while I cooked dinner the other night.

Well, the flurries are flying here today. And it's downright cold outside! Joshua and I are enjoying a day at home together today. Grandma is going to be coming down tomorrow instead of today so that Jason and I can go to the last Penn State game of the season.

We've had quite a busy day already. Joshua was up at the crack of dawn, but we skipped out on Kiwanis. Straight out of bed he wanted to color, so we came downstairs and did a few pages in his coloring book before working on a pancake for breakfast. Then we headed out to pick up some chicken noodle soup for tomorrow's tailgate. You wouldn't think it would be hard to find chicken noodle soup, but it was. Luckily, I came home with 5 quarts to warm our insides tomorrow at the game. Then we hit the grocery store for the inevitable things I forgot when I was there on Wednesday. Then it was off to the shoe store for a new pair of sneakers. I swear, Joshua's feet must be growing insanely fast because shoes that were OK the other day were being shoved onto his little feet this morning. I'm sorry to announce that his new sneakers have lights, but they were the only leather ones there and were actually the least obnoxious of the kids sneakers to pick from. I try to tel lmyself that he'll only really wear them for 6 months or less. If he likes them, I'll live.

Tomorrow's the big game. Every time I walk past the coat closet or my closet upstairs, I add something else to the pile to put on in the morning. I'm putting my entire faith into Under Armor...this will be the first true test for me. Highs are being forecasted at 28 degrees tomorrow....that's the HIGH....so it's going to be a frigid day at Happy Valley. But as nuts as this sounds, I'm so excited about being there for this game that I just about can't contain myself. Hopefully I'm still feeling as optimistic after a few hours in the cold.

I'll report on that as soon as my fingers are thawed enough to type. It might be Monday or Tuesday...

3 comments:

Megan said...

I forgot to mention that I changed back to our boring blog background because a bunch of people were having trouble seeing the other fancy one. So it's back to plain jane for us. For some reason, State Farm computers don't allow the cute blog backgrounds to view. So the dots are much better for everyone on The Farm!

Emily said...

Hoping to see you at the game tomorrow. You won't be the only one testing out the Under Amor, and just about everything warm we can find.
Let's Go State!

Em

Karyn Kordes said...

We'll look for you watching the game tomorrow! (From our nice, warm living room!) : ) Have a blast!!!