Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Great material is TOO easy to come by...

Two Joshua-isms for the day. I was home for a few extra hours while Grandma and I juggled schedules this week. It's not pretty, but we're making it work thanks to her flexibility. This is the one week that I've been half excited about and half dreading because of the amount of juggling I'm doing, but it gave me two precious hours with Joshua this morning that made my day. It may make up for the fact that the next two evenings my time with him will be sparce at best. I hate it...every second of that part of it.

The first classic moment was this morning when we were getting dressed. I picked out a shirt and a pair of jeans for him. When I pulled the shirt out of the closet he shook his head and said, "Mommy, I don't think that's a very good idea." What? Where did he come up with that one? It continued to be his phrase of the day this morning---- about breakfast, about what to play first, about what I decided to wear when I got dressed for work. Cracked me up.

In our extra time this morning we ran two errands. One to Ben Franklin for some tools necessary for the big gingerbread adventure this week (40 houses to be assembled by Thursday.....YIKES!). Then we ran to American Heritage Crafters---- my new "danger" spot for home decor. Good grief...it took all my strength not to buy one of everything. We found a Christmas present for Grandma, which Joshua proudly announced to her (with great detail about what it is and how pretty it is) when we walked into the house and she was there. So much for that surprise. She assures me she'll forget by Christmas. Evidently we need to work on the idea of "it's a surprise".

Joshua is having a special Daddy night this evening while I go to the Bucknell basketball game to be a local "good neighbor" and hand out pizza to those in attendance. Interesting marketing tactics State Farm is undertaking, but I appreciate the creativity. We'll see. I'm decked out in my State Farm red logo sweater and I'm ready to hand out the pizza. Hopefully Jason and Joshua will have a fun evening together.

No comments: