Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Valentine's Day, Mother's Day & Birthday Present


You're curious, aren't you? This must be good, right? Maybe some diamonds or a big vacation?

WRONG! It's way better than that!!!

My wonderful husband brought me a brand new camera last night thanks to the liquidators at Circuit City. This economy situation is tough on both of our businesses, but this is one situation that worked out in our favor. I've been thinking for some time about how I'd like to upgrade our digital camera. Since Joshua has been born, I've really gotten into snapping photos of him (what new parents don't love that?) but I've really enjoyed learning how to do some things. And I want to learn more. I want to learn about Photoshop (anyone know of a good class I could take?) and learn to do a good job of capturing those precious moments to look back on in 20 years. This might be getting a bit deep, but I feel like I live life through the pictures we've taken. I can look at one and remember exactly what happened that day and what we were doing and how I felt about it. So even though this has been on my mind, I've pushed it off thinking that we really shouldn't spend the money on a new camera. Quite frankly, there's nothing wrong with our old one.

Anyway, when word hit that Circuit City was bringing in the liquidators, we talked about looking into it to see if we could get a good deal on the camera I had my eye on. Evidently, Jason saw a good deal and snatched it up for us. I'm so excited.

Last night I played around a bit with the camera and loved what pictures I got, but I didn't have much to work with. Joshua has a cold and wasn't too chipper last night, so the subject wasn't overly interesting, but I'll keep practicing. Maybe tomorrow, if we're lucky, I'll have some good luck. Emily and I have plans to try out this Children's Discovery Workshop in Williamsport as long as Josh is feeling OK. (And yes, that does mean I'm playing hooky....I'm feeling slightly guilty about it, but not guilty enough not to take advantage of an opportunity to do something fun with Emily, McKenna, Cooper and Joshua. In case you were wondering.)
More to come on all of that. And pictures......lots of pictures.

No comments: