Monday, January 19, 2009

"Not Me" Monday...

So, for today's "Not Me..." Monday, I have an update in pieces for you. We had a relatively low-key weekend...busy, but not overly bloggable. However, I do have a few things that I do not want to tell you about because they most certainly did not happen on my watch.

First of all, Jason and I most certainly did not allow Joshua to scream like a banchee while taking pictures of him because his face made us laugh so hard we couldn't chew. This was not what he looked like at our dinner table on Friday.

Neither was this.


We most certainly did not bring some special new toys home for Joshua and Daddy's two days together. While I was at a board meeting all day Saturday and while I'm working today, Joshua is getting to spend some special one-on-one time with Daddy...and I'm sure he's loving it. However, I must say (although not from personal experience) that bribing with a few new toys, one of which was definitely not a firetruck tent, can be effective in provoking good behavior. But I wouldn't know because we definitely did not stoop to that level.

On Saturday night, I most definitely did not make our very kind waitress, Linda, go back into the kitchen 4 times to figure out what would keep us out of the emergency room with Joshua while eating at Damons. Note to all with peanut allergies or who don't want their kids introduced to peanuts before they decide to, Damons is not a good choice of restaurant. (Big bummer here.) They use peanut oil in their fryers and on their grill, so a bowl of lettuce is just about your only option there. I absolutely did not just about have a nervous breakdown in the middle of the restaurant while we realized that the entire kids menu was off limits. I most certainly wasn't sick to my stomach the whole time we ate being worried about my little buddy.

And in this one...Pap most certainly was not stuck in the fire truck tent needing the jaws of life to get him out. Good thing Firefighter Joshua was on hand for assistance.


And finally, this child IS the sweetest boy I know. Even on "Not Me..." Monday, I can't deny that. I'm blessed beyond what I deserve...and thankful beyond words.


2 comments:

BrookesMommy said...

Oh my gosh! I'm laughing so hard at that 2nd picture that I think I just peed my pants!
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

I love you, Josh!
Aunt Libby

Lindsay, Ian and Lila said...

I love the "Not me Mondays". I may, in fact, steal your idea. I got a good laugh out of this post . . . thanks!!