Thursday, March 12, 2009

Complete 180 --- The Comedian

Parenthood shouldn't be THIS funny. Last night was one of those times when I was laughing so hard at Joshua that I just about couldn't breathe. The road to peeing yourself is a short one under the best of conditions for a pregnant lady, but let me tell you....it was close last night.

I fear that this won't be anywhere NEAR as funny as it was in real life, but I'll make an attempt. Hopefully you know Joshua well enough to hear his little voice when it's time to insert it into the story.

We had a very silly night last night. The laughing began with a very spirited singing spell. I use the term singing loosely, but Joshua was dancing around in circles with his guitar singing these long, drawn out notes. His eyes were closed and his head was shaking in order to express the passion with which he was performing. The song was something about, "Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave toooooooooooooooooo looooooooooooooooooooook fooooooooooooooooor buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugs." We then moved onto singing about dusting, cleaning his room, and even the Swiffer made an appearance. It was hysterical.

But that's when it got good.

After our concert, Joshua got his bear light and we started hunting for bears. He swore he saw one in the office and insisted that I come with him to look. So off we went. We giggled all the way, tiptoeing so as not to give the bear a heads up that we were onto him. When we got into the office, he told me that we had to get into his firetruck tent to look there. I told him to use his bear light and go in to look and that I'd stay outside and keep watch for him. This is when he hit me with this. And I quote...

"No way! We're a team. (Great emphasis on TEAM.) We do things together or we don't do them at all. Right guys?"

I nearly lost it. As it turns out, I guess the Imagination Movers said this during yesterday's show about Mover Scott's bad hair day. But how in the world did he remember all of that, and know how to use it in the right context?

This morning when I was helping him to get dressed, I asked him if he remembered being such a funny guy last night. He said, "Yes. You laughed hard Mommy." And then he repeated the whole thing again and started to giggle to get me going again. Which we most certainly enjoyed again this morning. There's nothing wrong with ending your day and starting the next one with a very good laugh!

2 comments:

BrookesMommy said...

I can absolutely hear his little voice in that story!

He's hilarious!

And you wonder how he remembers all that stuff and uses it all in context? He's a genious! I've told you that now for how long??

Lindsay, Ian and Lila said...

He is so funny!! Never underestimate the power of TV and a 2 yr old's memory :) I would have laughed for hours.
Thanks for sharing.