Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hop-Scotch, Somersaults & A Crib

Last evening was one of those "outside" kind of nights. After dinner, Jason and Joshua went out for some tractor time while I put a few things away inside (which may or may not have included a gaggle of diapers from diapers.com and a load of extremely adorable things perfectly suited for one certain little girl for whom we wait). If only my husband fully knew the appreciation I have for his time spent with Josh in the evenings just so that I can get a few of those little pesky things done. I can do in 10 minutes what would take me an hour to get done with Joshua nipping at my heels.

After I was done with those things, I joined the guys outside. Joshua had seen hop scotch somewhere and has been asking how to play it, so we broke out the sidewalk chalk and made him his very own hop scotch board in the driveway. He couldn't quite get the hang of hopping on one foot from square to square, so we settled on full frog method and he hopped his little self up and down the hop scotch board for the better part of a half hour before moving on to "cutting down trees" and helping me to water the flowers outside.

He also impressed us with some somersaulting skills last evening, flipping himself silly. No one is quite sure where he learned this, but he seems to be having a good time. We only intervened to keep him from flipping through the TV or into something that would have sent us to the hospital. Those boundaries seemed reasonable to us. This was only to be topped by the "tap dancing" (his descriptor, not ours) that he displayed for us right before bedtime, which I'm only sorry I didn't capture on video. It was hilarious and would have made for fantastic blackmail somewhere down the road (ie. to be played at his wedding, graduation party, or to be shown to his future wife for comic relief).

Finally, while taking one final load of blue things to the blue graveyard in the basement this morning, I remembered to take my camera upstairs to snap a picture of the ladybug crib set. So here you go. There is a lot of work yet to be done, but I feel good about at least having this much done. My baby "to do" and "to get" lists are growing and taking on some formality at this point (moving from in my head to on paper) so preparations are in full swing.

Yesterday's doctor's appointment went pretty well with no real earth shattering news. I was borderline on my glucose screenings, but the doctor isn't seeing any reason to repeat testing at this point since I'm displaying no other signs of gestational diabetes. My results were also very similar with Joshua. He did have me do the second screening with him, and I passed that one with flying colors, so we're going to try to self-limit sugars and not worry too much about it at this point unless I'd start to exhibit signs of trouble. We did schedule another ultrasound for 2 weeks on August 11th to measure the baby and check on the status of things inside. But other than that, nothing too exciting.
Time is starting to fly....I better buckle up and hang on!

1 comment:

BrookesMommy said...

#1 - You HAVE to capture the 'tap dancing' on video! I can totally see us using that to show his first girlfriend down the road! HA!

#2 - I LOVE the new crib bedding! My little lady bug is going to be so comfy in her new digs!

Nice work!