Wednesday, July 22, 2009

With an air of confidence...



I present to you two photos from Bible School's second night. We were down a few toddlers, and the ones who were there were seeming to get with the program a bit. They'll have this thing licked by Friday night, although it's a shame I won't be there to see them in their following-walking-listening-singing-dancing glory. In these pictures, we were setting up for a very spirited game of duck-duck-goose. The funny part was that when someone became the goose, every single child got up and ran around the circle. Such joiners...

No catastrophes last night...just a good learning of the Adam and Eve story, some t-shirt painting (using fabric markers....someone was quite brilliant with THAT choice) and some snacks. For the first time, I think Joshua will be able to eat the actual Bible School snack with the other kids and I think he'll like that. He's been a good sport at eating his special snack, but it breaks my heart to see him singled out the way he's had to be.

-------------------------------
I also have a Joshua story to share from this morning as well. When I found him this morning, he was sitting up in his bed, covered in his comforter just waiting to be "searched for". It's really hard to tell how long he sat there, because I stood in his doorway for at least a minute or two before I even saw him flinch. But before he said anything else to me this morning, he asked me if I had the baby downstairs. I must have looked confused, because he said..."My baby sister???" (And I'm pretty sure that if he knew the phrase "duh Mommy" he would have added that on to the end.) I pointed to my tummy and said, "Nope. She's still growing. It's not time for her to come and play with us yet." To which Joshua replied..."Well I need to tell her good morning. I'm going to cut open your belly with my scissors and get her out."

It was that moment when I realized how thankful I am that he is not in charge of the exit strategy for our daughter. And I don't think I'm going to let him talk to Dr. Miller about any of his ideas either.

No comments: