Thursday, September 24, 2009

Football!


I mentioned it yesterday, but the pride in Jason's eyes at Joshua's interest in football has been fun to watch. Almost as fun as watching the little guy practice his skills. In his football underpants. (They were new, and he insisted on wearing them without his pants on. I do not have the energy to fight with this child about things like this. I save my strength for the really important battles.)

I nearly laughed until I peed last night when the boys were playing football. I had used up all the energy I had by putting away three baskets of laundry that had been sitting in our bedroom (folded, mind you) for the past three days. Just couldn't muster up the strength to do it before last night. And that strength that I mustered up may or may not have been motivated by the fact that there were a very limited number of clean pairs of underwear for the family to wear this morning.

But anyway, Jason and Joshua giggled, practiced, shouted "24.....22.........set...........hut" about a million times last evening and it never got any less entertaining. Joshua's catching skills are improving (not drastically, but enough to notice) and he's got quite the arm for throwing. Last night Jason was teaching him about fumbles and the right way to hold onto the football when he was running. It was cute.

It also served the purpose of effectively playing him out before his bath. He was snoring before me, and I even managed to catch the last half hour of Criminal Minds. It was a really good night.

-------------------------------
I'm going to have to find a way to marry the topics of child #1 and child #2 without the use of dashes. But for now, the two are so separate (as in #1 is outside of my belly and #2 isn't) that I feel the need to separate the discussions. Anyway...

I visited Dr. Miller's office yet again this morning for my blood pressure check. I feel a bit like a nuisance to them, showing up there every 48 hours or so, although they assured me that it was what they were there for. My blood pressure was out of scary territory yet again, although still not super. He said that he thinks the baby is in the safest place she can be right now, and he prefers to wait until next week to deliver her if that's safe for me. With readings like I had today, he said it's safe to wait. I'm supposed to take it easy and enjoy the next 6 days. They do want to do another check on Monday with a urine and weight check to make sure nothing wild is going on, but he thinks we're fine to continue on course for Wednesday. He did mention at least 3 times that if I'm not feeling well over the weekend (ie. seeing spots or have bad headaches or terrible swelling or a sudden weight gain) to come in to labor and delivery because he expects to be in town all weekend and it wouldn't hurt his feelings to have to come in and check on me. Good to know. Hope to not have to take him up on that offer. And so, the countdown begins once again to Wednesday morning. Poor Libby can maybe (finally) put in her personal day request after all of this potential, maybe maybe-not, back and forth rumbling.

And so, to my daughter, I say..."Baby, take it easy in there. We're getting our ducks in a row to meet you bright and early Wednesday morning. No monkey business until then." Here's where I hope she's a bit more compliant than her brother. Time will tell, I guess.

1 comment:

BrookesMommy said...

T-minus 5 days until I meet my Lo-Lo :)

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAN'T WAIT!!!