Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Baby Mine...

Lately, in Lauren's fussy moments, I've found myself singing to her. One of the songs that I usually come to is one of the same ones I sang to baby Joshua as he screamed endlessly in my arms during his early days. Remember "Baby Mine" from Dumbo? My favorite version is Alison Krauss' rendition, but this afternoon as I was looking at Lauren and marvelling at how quickly the time has flown by so far, I kept coming back to these lyrics in the song:
From your head down to your toes...
You're not much, goodness knows...

But you're so precious to me, sweet as can be...


Baby of mine.
---------------------------------------------------
And now we'll switch gears completely. Can anyone spot Joshua in the picture below? He played with his trucks for the majority of the afternoon and I was really enjoying being a witness to his imagination in motion today. He had taken one of the paramedics from his ambulance and named him Tonn...I have no idea why. He then concocted a story about how Tonn needed to go to sleep because he was tired from working so hard, and then proceeded to lay down with him, cover both of them up and read stories to him. WhenJason told me that I should look at him while I was fixing dinner, I actually had a hard time finding Josh amidst the sea of dump trucks and emergency responders.

No comments: