Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The day that grossed me the heck out.

I am scarily behind in my posting. There's something about summer that just has us going so fast that it's hard to keep up sometimes. And the past two weeks have been a bit overwhelming as far as schedules go.

This past week, Daddy has been on vacation. He took (and passed....YAY!) a major test on Monday morning and then had a few days to play golf and spend time with the kids before we headed off into elk country at Benezette. (Don't miss that post below. Oh how this OCD Mommy doesn't like posts to be out of order, but it couldn't be avoided this time!) Joshua has been so patient with Jason while he has spent a good deal of time in recent weeks preparing for this monster of a test. And the promise at the end of it was that if we could just help Daddy by being quiet or going somewhere without him, he'd be all ours for the rest of the summer.

Jason didn't disappoint after passing his test on Monday. Last Tuesday, he made plans for a special day with Joshua. Of all places, they decided to go to Reptiland. In all honesty, it was 100% fine with me. It's a really cool place that's very closeby, but I have absolutely no interest in ever stepping foot inside the place. My skin crawls just thinking about it. My rules were that there were to be no souvenirs.....nothing dead, alive, stuffed, rubber or in a cage. Daddy did let him bring home a stuffed snake that Joshua has been thrilled to torment me with. He affectionately named his new friend Shakey the Snakey. Jason assures me that it was all his idea.

Joshua's highlights as you'll see in the photos below were touching an alligator and touching a boa constrictor. Gross. Ew. And gross again. Ick. I almost can't look.










No comments: