Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My little Frankenstein

I should say that there are about 50 good pictures sitting on my camera that are begging to be uploaded. I should also say that I am down one team member in my office until August 18th (but who's counting) and any flexibility I might have for things like blogging is slim to none. Closer to none is truthful.

However, I have to record the happenings of yesterday. I don't know at what point you actually define your baby as starting to walk. In retrospect, I remember being just as confused when Joshua was starting to toddle around. The first question everyone asks you when you say you have a 9-10-11-12 month old is, "Is he/she walking yet?" To which I always reply, "Just about!" But yesterday, 4-5 wobbly steps turned into 8-9 purposeful controlled steps on a very consistent basis. Two things cracked us up. The first is that when Joshua saw Lauren walking all the way across the living room, his mouth dropped to the floor and he yelled, "LOOOOOOOK! She's walking!" For a moment, he almost seemed proud. It quickly turned back into annoyance with Lauren and her (now faster) ability to get into his things. But for a moment, there was a glimpse of love and appreciation and I enjoyed it. The second funny thing is that when Lauren walks, she puts her arms straight out in front of her. So as she comes walking toward you, she looks like Frankenstein. Hysterical. I was so entralled with watching it all last night that the camera and video camera were both tucked away. Hopefully tonight I can catch some of it. I have to tell you that it was fun to just sit and watch her, clap for her and celebrate the success she was having instead of feeling like I had to snap a zillion pictures. (That's saying a lot for me, I know.) But it was a simple moment that was kept simple. I should do that more often.

I'll work on those pictures from our trip to Lewistown this weekend for a few family events. Let's just say I'm still digging dirt out from under BOTH of the kids' fingernails.

No comments: