Monday, September 20, 2010

The Weekend Where 75% of Us Got Knocked Down

Thirteen days of school in, and Joshua has missed two. Percentage-wise, that can't be good. What we thought was an allergy issue yesterday turned into a fever and throwing up this morning, so we thought it best to let him puke in the comfort of his own home today. Nice of us, huh? All of the upchucking seemed to have leveled off this morning when it came time for me to leave for the office, and after a successful breakfast and then a rest period with no activity, I thought I'd go ahead and come to work. Poor kid. Hopefully tomorrow he'll be back in the fold with the other K4 kids.

So that's the first of us, down for the count.

We skipped church yesterday because Joshua was starting to act icky (with what I thought was just seasonal allergies). I felt bad about not being there, but I have to say that I accomplished a whole lot during that time. Sheets are changed on beds, all of the laundry was washed/dried/folded/put away and all of the fall decorations found their places in our house. (Oh how I love seeing pumpkins and scarecrows!) Joshua was resting on the couch or sitting at the table coloring while all of this was going on. Lauren was either in my arms or walking around the living room getting into everything...because that's just what she does. On one of these walks, though, she must not have seen the dining room chair that she was about to hit. Because she went at it full force. And promptly fell to the ground with a crease in her forehead from the impact. But our little linebacker just kept trucking along after about 7 tears. She wouldn't let a goose egg the size of a golf ball stop her! She's got herself a nice bruise this morning.

Two Dugans down.

And then there's the true klutz of the family.

Here's where I really wish I could tell you it's Jason. But...it's not.

We were leaving the Kiwanis picnic last night in the midst of a rainstorm. The kids were soaked. My back was soaked from standing out of the car enough to buckle Lauren into her car seat. Somehow, in my rush to get into the front of the car and take off, I opened the car door into my head. I really could not make this up. I saw black and then a bunch of pretty stars before Jason came back into view again. And today, I have a bright red spot on my head that screams, "MORON!"

And there ends the weekend.

No comments: