Monday, December 6, 2010

There are no silent nights.




I snapped both of these pictures the other evening as Joshua and Lauren were doing their nightly run-back-and-forth-through-the-house-until-there's-a-kid-wreck routine.  Both of them were shrieking in delight as they passed each other.  On quite a few occasions, Lauren's grippy socks failed her and she landed on her bottom, giggling all the louder each time it happened. 

More and more we're finding that the interaction between Joshua and Lauren is becoming more like that of siblings who love each other than of mortal enemies as it had been in recent months.  Joshua's patience for his little sister is growing.  As is his respect of her since it's not too out of the question for her to give him a good butt kicking if he deserves it.  (That's my girl, Lauren!)  Lauren's interest in anything Joshua is doing, saying, thinking, touching, playing or watching has done nothing but grow over the past few months.  She just adores her brother, thinks he's hysterical and wants to do everything he is doing.  Sometimes Joshua thinks that's cool.  Other times, he still wishes we'd put her back where she came from. 

I suppose there were times my sister wished that of me as well.  I can only hope that Josh and Lauren will love each other as Libby and I do someday.  We will be blessed if that's the case.

No comments: