Thursday, August 30, 2012

A big day for our little buddy...


Yesterday was one of those days that, as a Mom, I believe I was dreading from the time I first saw the two pink lines on my first pregnancy test.  I had visions of the first day of kindergarten being a traumatic one for both Joshua and me, with tears and nerves and all sorts of things that may have been likely to  lead me to a stiff drink.

I can report with great pride that none of the above  happened.  Joshua was so ready for his first day of kindergarten that he nearly forgot to hug me before running to Daddy's truck to get on the road for school.  Apparently he marched into his classroom like a pro.  All reports point to a fabulous day.  He earned 8 sticks (3 is the benchmark for an OK day- you either gain or lose from there for good (or bad) behavior), made a new best friend, got to help Mrs. Case illustrate the correct way to hang up a backpack, and did some great papers that he brought home.  His teacher is amazing, and I think he is set for a really wonderful year.  My heart wanted to burst when I picked him up after school.  I don't think I could possibly have been prouder of him.

 Here was the whole crew before school.  Please take note of Lauren's bed head.  I swear, her curls are as wide as she is high most mornings when she wakes up.  She had just finished crying because I had taken Joshua outside for a picture.  As you can see from her flip flops, she insisted on one as well, and I now have an un-first day of school photo of her in her pajamas with red eyes after having thrown a fit.  Oh Lauren.  I love you, but bless your sweet heart, you're just a mess sometimes.

And here's an action shot of this little superstar who has, in the past few days, figured out a modified crawling technique that literally has her ALL OVER THE PLACE.  We were not ready for this.  But she is one determined little munchkin.  I secretly love watching her conquer her world, but goodness, she exhausts us with this showing off that she is doing.  Nothing is safe these days--- in 3 seconds of looking away to check on dinner the other night, I found her under one of our end tables attempting to chew on cords to the lamp.  Oh yeah...

Vacation pictures to come as soon as I finish the laundry.  Don't hold your breath.

1 comment:

Emily said...

What a big week for you guys! If you're anything like me, you'll miss having a big kid around to help you chase after the baby! Glad you had a great first day of school!!!