Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Just a glimpse.

I've been missing blogging lately.  I have been doing a lot of writing privately, mostly coupled with my devotions and Bible study while working on some personal things, and have been remembering just how therapeutic and rewarding it is for me to put pen to paper.  I think that's why blogging has always been such a rewarding hobby for me-- because of the union of writing combined with my family is the stuff perfection is made of.  Except that I write about the imperfection, and unconditional love of it all.  Ironic.
 
My posts have been full of photo evidence of the big stuff lately- Joshua's graduation and our family trip to Disney World.  But that isn't the real stuff of our every day lives.  So that's what I pulled in for today.  And I figured it may be time for a quick update on the not-so-exciting, but oh-so-real happenings in our world.
 
 
This photo requires a little explanation.  First, let me say that I am beside myself because there is now a Blogger iPad app.  It has probably been available for the rest of the free world for months, but I just learned about it today, so we'll pretend that it's a brand spankin' new piece of life changing technology.  Oh happy day.  I know I got excited when the iPhone version came out, but this has me much more excited.  So, when I launched the app this morning, I pulled up a few pictures from my photo roll on the iPad and landed on this gem from the plane ride home from Disney.  I really wish Lauren would just show a little personality.
 
The following two are from this morning's play time right before I left for the office.  Lauren was dressed as a police officer- but I had to laugh at the pirate earring she was wearing as well as the 3D glasses that Joshua insisted on bringing home from the movie theater when he went to see Iron Man 3 with Jason.  Just about every morning, the kids head straight for the costume box and get dressed up as something, as if their need to pretend is just too much to even wait until breakfast is over.  It's so fun to watch.
 
 
 
I feel the need to comment on Joshua's photo too.  Bless his heart, he moved this "office" set up at least three times before I left this morning.  He is constantly in search of a spot, anyhwere in the house, where the girls won't get into his things.  He and Lauren were actually playing very nicely this morning, but as soon as I walked down the steps holding Mara, Joshua's response was, "Oh nuts.  I forgot about her."  And he immediately began searching for higher ground that Mara couldn't get to.  Please take note, also, of the meticulous set up for his office gear.  Everything is placed in a very specific spot, lined up in accordance with the lines on his boxes so that things are centered and neat.  This poor apple did not fall far from either of the trees from whence he came.
 
Not much to say about Mara today other than that you can rest assured that she is very busy getting into mischief.  She has learned how to climb up on things in the past week or so and now can be found higher than where you left her if you make the mistake of taking your eye off of her.  This generally isn't a problem until she tumbles off of the summit of whatever mountain she has scaled.  She is trying with great intensity to get some words out, although we haven't gotten much that we can make out yet.  I know it's coming, and honestly, I can't wait to hear what she has to say once she figures it out.  Remind me that I said that when I'm wishing otherwise.

No comments: