Thursday, July 11, 2013

The day where I drove around in circles.

I have a job.  Although lately you wouldn't know it.
 
 
Had it not been for my cell phone, I think I would have accomplished nothing at all yesterday.  This week just isn't a good one...and it happens that way each and every summer it seems.  But I will say I am doing my best to maintain a positive attitude.  Some days have been better than others in that respect so far this week.
 
We got up yesterday morning, still groggy from the night before at Bible School.  We have been returning home somewhere in the neighborhood of 9:00, which is way too late to be beginning the ordeal that is bathtime at our house.  But given the fact that it has been about 117 sweltering degrees in the preschool rooms that we are spending our time in at VBS, the kids have desperately needed baths to wash the day off of them.  But it was Joshua's first day of golf school at Bucknell and he was so excited.  We scarfed down breakfast and hopped in the van for my first trip to Lewisburg of the day (keep track if you wish).  I dropped him off to start his 8:30 lesson, and then headed for my first appointment of the morning.
 
I found the house I needed to see for insurance purposes and took the necessary photos and then jumped back into the car to go to the office.
 
An hour later, I returned to the golf course to retrieve Joshua.  Although it was raining, he seemed to be having a great time.  Later in the day, he declared that yesterday was the day he started to love golf.  And we all know what happens when Joshua decides he loves something.  Reference the Presidents and basketball in case you need a memory jogger.
 

We returned to my office for about 2 hours until it was time to take Joshua home.  During that two hours, Joshua called me using the intercom feature on our phone system no less than 34 times to alert me that he was the President and that he needed me to report to his office because I was the Secretary of State.  Clearly I can't keep the Commander in Chief waiting when he needs me.  Being that I am the highest ranking member of the cabinet and all.

We stopped at Subway because apparently an hour and a half of golfing makes you starving.  He had already eaten an apple and a bag of popcorn while in the Oval Office.  But I'm not one to turn down Subway, so we stopped and both ate our lunches on the way to the house.

We arrived in Turbotville around 12:00 and I immediately switched Joshua for Mara and headed back to Lewisburg for her 18 month checkup at Lewisburg Pediatrics.  Where we waited until 1:45 to finish her 12:50 appointment.  I don't get what takes so long.  But anyway.  I then put Mara back into the van and returned her to Turbotville because she needed a nap if I intended to have even an ounce of my sanity while dealing with her during 3 hours of Bible School running around that evening.

After which I returned to Lewisburg to the office.  I was there for maybe two hours before I headed back home again, racing this time, because I needed to change clothes, eat supper, pack up Mara's stuff, and make Joshua's snack for Bible School that night.  Then, at 5:45 we were back in the car on our way to the church.

I was beat.  And Mara was a fevery, sore mess from her shot that afternoon.  The poor thing wouldn't put any weight on her leg where she got her shots, and until the Tylenol kicked in was really feeling crummy.  Poor baby has been fevered and miserable ever since.







Although that last picture doesn't look very miserable, does it?  She was really liking the music in the closing ceremony last evening, as was Lauren who was dancing and singing her sweet heart out.

We got home last night around 9, did tubs, got snacks and basically crashed.  Is it Friday yet?  Although I love that the kids are having such a great time at Bible School, I have to admit that this is my least favorite week of the entire summer.  There just are not enough hours in the day, and this routine highlights that ever so clearly for me.

A more positive post tomorrow.  I promise.  (As long as things go well at Bible School tonight.)  :-)

No comments: