Saturday, December 14, 2013

Let it snow!

I think that today's snow storm was a bit of a gift.  Instead of running all over the place trying to get last minute things done for the holiday, we've been given a great excuse to tuck in, stay in our comfies all day, BAKE BAKE BAKE, and just be together.  Although this day hasn't been used to check a single thing off of my list of things to do, I have enjoyed it so much.
 
Please don't anyone tell Mara, but while she was napping, the big kids got to spend some time romping in the snow.  They were so excited.  By the grace of God, I found enough pieces of snow clothing to fit the both of them.  I was short one glove for Josh, but managed to locate it.  They were outside for about a half hour, and then deemed it long enough to qualify for a cup of hot chocolate.  So they brought their rosy cheeks inside and we sugared them up pretty well.
 





Next on the list of things to do today is prepping some cute crafts for the kids in Wee Worship tomorrow.  Pray for me.  I'm breaking out paint.  To put on their hands.  Yikes!  I've already packed the paint shirt and have a strategy.  Although tomorrow around noon I'll likely be questioning my sanity for even thinking that it was a good idea. 

And if that wasn't fun enough, we have a dead string of lights on the tree that is driving us all nuts.  So (preferably before the little tornado awakes), I've got to do something about that.  After that, our stuffed  shells need to go into the oven and we'll tuck in for the rest of the night here together.

Hope your snow day has been awesome too!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm tired just reading this! Hope you have a fun day!