Sunday, March 30, 2014

Getting our tails kicked.


It hasn't been a good week. In fact, we have been under attack. A few weeks go I made a critical error and announced with some arrogance that we had been spared the wrath of our annual stomach virus.  Upon hearing these stupid words as they left my mouth, my friend said, "When will you learn just to be quietly grateful?"  Seriously. When will I learn?

In the days since, I have made three trips to Lewisburg Pediatrics.  Not for a stomach thing but for an ear infection for Josh, strep throat for both Lauren and Mara, and given the picture below we are looking pretty good for a trip tomorrow for Josh. There has been much puking over the last 12 hours and it is showing no signs of waning any time soon. 




This picture could have been interchangeable over the past week or so. Each child has had his or her turn. Mara mostly snuggled with me. But Lauren had a solid day on thr chair in between spells on my lap. And Josh has been back and forth between me and the chair.  

Mara has not taken well to the attention Joshua has been getting today- reverting to tears more times than I care to recall. And it is 12:00 pm. Long day ahead of us. And night I am afraid. 

Lauren, on the other hand, has been a gem. She busied herself all morning making this castle in the playroom. She keeps emerging to check on Josh, but seems wise to run away from the germs. 


Hopefully your weekend has looked NOTHING like ours. 

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Hope you are all healthy again ASAP!