Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Walking our Babies

Last night, while the guys were doing something tough and masculine (like playing football on the PS3), my babies and I took their babies for a walk around the neighborhood.  You would have thought I offered them an ice cream cone with sprinkles with how excited they were about this little adventure.
 
Of course, Mara's beloved Purple Baby came along for the ride, but she had a few extra friends piled into that pink polka dotted stroller as well.  Lauren found a baby she thought needed some fresh air and pushed the smaller stroller, kindly sharing her big stroller with her baby obsessed little sister.  God bless her heart, Mara is the most baby-crazed of all three of the kids.  And real life or pretend doesn't seem to matter.



I was extra proud of Mara for making the double loop around our neighborhood in big girl underpants.  She has been trained during the day since earlier this summer after a trip to the Mowry's and a little (unplanned) peer pressure from Kinley inspired her to pee in the potty like Kinley was doing.  But I haven't trusted her to go too many places quite yet without a pull-up.  My potty training philosophy has always been really relaxed.  I let them tell me when they're ready and it usually takes a day or two to get them pretty well set.  My goal has always been day time training before they turned three, and not much sooner than that, but each one has been different in the timing when they were ready.  She is waking up dry now at naptime and in the mornings as well most days, so our diaper buying days may be coming to a close.  Although I have lamented the end of many things since Mara is the Dugan family caboose, diaper purchasing is not one of them.

We played outside for about an hour after our walk and did some bike riding and chalk drawing.  Mara excused herself once for a potty run inside the house, but she did it without prompting from me, so I was excited about that.  She's turning into such a big girl.

No comments: