Tuesday, December 16, 2014

One more last...

 
Yet another "last" crossed off of the list with Miss Mara as we finally transitioned her from her crib into her toddler bed.  I'll admit that I was dragging my feet a bit on this one-- and for several reasons.  First of all, Mara had finally reached a point where she was sleeping.  All night.  Every night.  Without any problems.  And in case you forget what our sleeping life was like for a very long time with this sweet little thing, read back on the blog a bit to our early days where I considered hooking up to a caffeine drip through an IV just to make it through a day at the office.  It was one of those, "if it isn't broken, don't fix it" situations.  I just had visions of Mara up and wandering around the house in the middle of the night, as well as the extreme temper tantrums that would ensue when I had to get her back into her bed.
 
Also, if any of our children DO NOT need freedom at 3 am, it is this one.  Bless her heart, she gets into enough mischief during the normal waking hours of the day, let alone the messes she could create if given the opportunity in the middle of the night.
 
But she finally won Daddy over with the bed thing.  And this happened just like so many of the other "lasts" that have happened with her.  Had I known that the night before we made the switch would be the last night that I would lean over the crib to lay a sleeping girl into it, I might have savored it a bit more.  I will say that she is still requesting that we rock to sleep, which I'm not wishing away at this point.  I know the time is coming oh so quickly that she won't need that special snuggle time with me in order to fall asleep.  So, for now, I'll enjoy what is left of that.
 
Have I mentioned how much I adore this little girl?  Yes, she makes me crazy about 10 times a day with her stubborn strong will, her sassy attitude and her picky opinions about EVERY.SINGLE.THING!  But her hugs are the sweetest.  Her giggle will melt your heart.  She is a clown and a jokester, and I can just tell that she will go to the ends of the earth to make you happy.  And now she is an official big girl.  With a big girl bed.
 
Look out, world.

No comments: