Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2015


I love a new beginning.  And so, I think that's what I like most about New Year's Day (aside from getting the tree down and de-cluttering the house because by the time Christmas is over, I cannot take it one more second) - the chance to start fresh, with the proverbial clean slate.  I love writing the first words in my Erin Condren planner and decorating the special days in it that we have events planned. (It is a sickness.)

I spent New Year's Eve and New Year's Day pondering what I wanted this new year to hold in store. Last year I had vowed to continue my weight loss, insert some exercise and maintain what I had lost in 2013. I was largely successful at that-- not perfect-- but pretty respectable. I fully plan to continue that in 2015 and get rid of the last pesky 25 pounds that will get me to what I think is a maintainable, healthy weight without starving or being grumpy or needing to completely swear off everything that tastes good. And let's be honest, that's just no way to live. 

And then I thought about some other things I would like to do more of in the new year. More cooking. More time with people who fill me up spiritually and emotionally. More notes sent to friends to make them smile. More encouragement for others. More writing. More cups of hot tea. More connection with my husband. More snuggles with my children. More of the good stuff. 

I also decided that I was going to be intentional about writing. Having lost so many grandparents in recent history, I am thinking more and more about legacy and what people will know of us once we are gone from this earth. I also have been trying diligently to make sure that I am focused on my blessings.  So each day I have decided to write down at least five things that I saw Jesus' hand in my circumstances during the day. I already love it. For me, it is an easier way to journal than to write narrative in a journal- which I have tried and always seem to fizzle out on. This project is akin to the list in One Thousand Gifts...and I am so excited about it. I am finding that most days I have way more than five things that God has blessed me with through the day. It is keeping me focused on the positive- and when I do that I am so much more likely to see even more. It's a win win for sure!

Happy 2015!!

No comments: