Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Stella = Rest for the Weary


We are on day number 2 of being snowed in.

It has been glorious.  Jason might not quite categorize it as that given that he spent the majority of yesterday outside fighting with the snow and trying to keep up with how fast it was falling.

But I have slept until 6.  I have cooked real meals for my family.  I have snuggled my babies, scrubbed my bathrooms, have no laundry baskets sitting on my bedroom floor, and there are 4 made beds in this house (which I'm embarrassed to say is about 3 more than there have been in the past few weeks because Lauren is the only one who would consistently get hers made).  I haven't put on makeup since Monday night when I took mine off.  My hair has been up in a clip and putting on sweats has been "getting dressed". 

The past few weeks have been set to a cruise control of about 230 mph between our trip to Mexico and then the week of the musical production.  Either one of those two things alone would have been enough to put me into a tailspin, but both back to back was enough to make me cry.  We had two weeks of madness with no way to put on the brakes.  I am windblown, whiplashed and weary.  And so, this storm, with its 16 or so inches of snow that fell in one day hit just at the perfectly right time.  Yes, I was stressed about being out of the office, but not for long.  A warm cup of coffee, a few hours of sleep and time to get some things under control on the home front were just what the doctor ordered.


I took great joy in watching the kids playing out in the snow.  Forgive me that there are no pictures of Joshua out there.  That poor kid was even more in need of rest than I was-- he literally sat on the couch, zoned out.  When I asked him if he wanted to go out to play with the girls, he told me that he just wanted to chill out and "not do anything strategic today".  I'm not entirely sure what that meant, but he didn't move from his spot very much all day.




Our days at home ended like this--- with all 5 plus one golden retriever-- on the couch together.  My heart all in one spot.  Oh how we needed these days.  So thankful for the time to get reorganized and rejuvenated for whatever comes next.


No comments: