Monday, October 1, 2007

Our little pumpkin...





I've already posted about my love affair with the fall season. And I'm sure it's obvious from previous posts that I'm also absolutely in love with our little boy. There's something so extra special about this time of year now that he's been born. Every time I turn around I flash back to the anticipation of his birth and the wonder that the fall of 2006 held for us (and in my flashbacks, I only remember the good stuff...it's wonderful how time fades the not-so-pleasant parts of the last month of pregnancy!). So as this fall starts to roll into this part of the state and the 80+ degree temperatures wane into something more autumnlike, I'm just full to overflowing with all of the blessings we have to be thankful for.


So, every October baby really ought to have some pumpkin pictures, right? Don't ask me why, but this has been an obsession with me this year. Everywhere we go, I'm scouting out pumpkin patches and anything fall-like that might be a good backdrop for our amateur photography skills. Let me tell you, there aren't many bona fide pumpkin patches in this part of the state. So, after some running around on Saturday (God bless Jason for putting up with this) we made a round trip from our house to Muncy only to find one such pumpkin place closed by a margin of 15 minutes. We weren't happy. Then, stubborn and determined that we WERE going to get these pictures come heck or high water, we ran to Mifflinburg to a little place called Ard's Farm Market. They were having their fall festival with hayrides and pumpkin carvings and all sorts of fallish things. There was a long wait for the hayride to the actual pumpkin patch, so we decided to see what we could do with what was right around us. We were thrilled with the pictures. So, our little pumpkin got to meet some real ones after all...and they got along pretty well.


Other excitement from the weekend included a great visit with Darla and Jeremy and Sydney on Friday night (Happy 5th Anniversary you guys!). The kids played together very well, although I'm pretty sure Sydney doesn't know what to think of Joshua. He stole her bink quite a few times and was awfully curious with her. But overall, nicer than he's been in the past. The only time he got a little jealous was when I held Sydney for a second. Joshua must have thought I was cheating on him or something because he pulled my hair REALLY hard! So I got the message loud and clear on that one. Sydney has her mommy. Joshua has his mommy. And we'll just let well enough alone.


Saturday was pumpkin day and Sunday was an around the house day, so it was, by all accounts an awesome weekend in the Dugan household. Tonight is music class #2, so I'll let you know how we do with that. I also have not been studying my words like I was supposed to, so I feel a bit like I used to going into an Econ test in college- remember Lindsay? Not good.


3 comments:

Lindsay, Ian and Lila said...

As I recall, I was the one not studying for Econ! Maybe you should try making some index card flashcards for the music words- just like you did in college.

The Bingamans said...

yay I can blog again!!! hi!

Sue said...

If you have a hi-res file of the black and white pumpkin pic -- I want it. :o)