Tuesday, October 23, 2007

This CAN'T be comfortable!



I have one more silly picture from the weekend that Jason took of Joshua during his naptime. I'm not sure how he can be comfortable, but he didn't seem to mind one bit.

Last night was the beginning of a crazy week. Here are the highlights:

We were almost late to music class because I couldn't get things organized and together enough to leave the office on time. So we were running in huffing and puffing as we started singing Happy Birthday to little Sophia who turned one yesterday. Of course, I cried when we sang Happy Birthday...don't ask. Apparently this whole birthday thing is a bit emotional for me still. Maybe I got it out of my system with Sophia, but all the other moms teared up too, so I didn't feel like such a freak. With his new walking skills, Joshua was into EVERYTHING in class, so it was fun to watch him. When we played Ring Around the Rosie he stood in the middle of the circle like a statue while we walked around him.

Feeding times have been the time to master the art of distraction lately. Joshua is WAY too busy to sit still long enough to eat, so we find ourselves giving him all kinds of things to explore while we attempt to shovel a little bit of something into him. Last night after I had emptied the kitchen gadget drawer of all things safe enough to give him, I spotted a big Ziploc baggie with bread in it from our lasagna supper. So I gave that to him. Before I knew it, he was chomping away on a piece of bread. Apparently he can now open Ziploc bags. So added to his dinner of green beans, some leftover lasagna and yogurt was a piece of bread.

After his bath we were reading stories. There's one part of one of his dinosaur books that says "Dinosaurs looking right at you, to say goodbye because we're through". You're all thinking, "So what?" I've been working with him for ages to get him to wave goodbye on cue. Most times he just gives you a blank stare. Well last night, as soon as I got to the page with the dinosaurs waving, he started to wave back. Too cute.

Another recent story time favorite is his book of Opposites. One page has the opposites "whisper" and "shout". I usually whisper the "whisper" and shout the "shout" for obvious reasons. Lately, as soon as the page turns, he puts his ear to my mouth so that I can whisper to him. It's so precious. I'm amazed that before I even say words, he's associating the pictures on the page with the things he remembers from reading the stories before. We can't get enough of this Sandra Boynton stuff--- more books on the way for his Birthday and Christmas.

T-minus 44 hours to the big O-N-E...it's unbelievable how fast time has flown by. This time a year ago we were counting down the hours, but for different reasons.


I'll end with Joshua's "snoot face"....makes me laugh just looking at it.

Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

Cousin Danaca said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... LOVE the Snoot-Face picture, tooooooo cute!

And Joshua is right -- you're Lasagna was "MMMMMmmmmmm - GOOOOD!!" Thanks again for making a great dinner!

Enjoy the birthday weekend - I look forward to seeing the pictures!