Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sorry it's been so long!

Trying out my new table and chairs that Nana and Pap brought to my house.
What a big boy I am!

I think this is the longest I've ever sat still....

After a bad experience with sitting in some noodles at dinner, Joshua went without pants until bathtime. Gotta love those skinny legs!



A few snapshots before work yesterday...the second was after a big bed jumping session.

Sorry for the delay in posting over the past few days. Things have been a bit wild at the office leaving me no time to do the fun stuff...darn work.

We had a pretty quiet weekend. Joshua enjoyed his visit with Nana and Pap on Saturday morning. It was very sweet when my parents pulled into the driveway. I was holding Joshua at the door and asked him "Who's here?" He smiled and said, "PAP!" He was so proud of himself and I think my dad was pleased. We're still working on Nana and Gram...with little progress.

One thing he is enjoying these days is sitting at his new table and chairs and watching the picture slide show go by on the computer screen. He's liking it when he sees someone he knows- and he'll proudly point and say their name. He especially likes it when "Da" and "Pap" pop up- they're his favorite to say. Sometime in this "pap" phase that we're going through (I think, because it's his newest word, he's wanting to practice it all the time) he's lost "Mama". So now, when I ask him who I am, he'll smile and say "Ma-Pap-Pap". Not exactly what I was going for, but what can I do, right?

Joshua was a perfect angel in church on Sunday morning. Usually it involved scrooching and fussing, but he sat in my lap perfectly through the service on Sunday morning. He ate some puffs and some marshmallows and drank some milk, and then he played with his Quiet Book that Aunt Libby & Uncle Zig got him for Christmas. Libby--- that was a genius move! He did interject some of his own thoughts during the pastor's sermon. It was all in Russian, though, so I don't know that anyone got what he was trying to say. They did, however, get quite a giggle out of it.

Monday, Jason had off because the markets were closed for Martin Luther King Day, so he got to spend the whole day with Joshua. By all accounts they had an awesome time together. They made a quick trip to Walmart, picked out Joshua's very first crayons and coloring book, and also got him his very own dry swiffer that we could shorten the handle on. It's amazing how much this child likes to swiffer, but our one with the vaccum on it was a bit too large to manage.

In other ground breaking news, we're working at weaning from bottles which is going much slower than I had anticipated. So far, we've eliminated one bottle a day and give him his sippy cup with milk in it at that time. He's still taking two bottles of whole milk a day- one around 4:30 and one at bedtime. Slowly but surely I suppose. Joshua doesn't seem to make any changes in his routine quickly, so I'm learning patience for sure.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures. I'll try not to take so long on our next post. Happy Wednesday everyone!



3 comments:

Amanda said...

Joshua is so cute, I love the new pic where he is in his crib. He looks like such a handsome little guy. Halle got a table and chairs for Christmas too. She likes to play sit down-get down, she doesn't like to sit very long and then she's saying get down! Thanks for offering Max Joshua's outfit,but he has so many outfits, the closet is insane. Tell Joshua we said hello.

BrookesMommy said...

OH MY GOODNESS! My little man doesn't look so little anymore!! Who told him he was allowed to grow!!

Can't wait to see you all on Friday!! :) Hurry up and get here!

The Bingamans said...

WHAT GREAT PICTURES OF OUR HANDSOME LITTLE MAN! THANKS FOR SHARING!!