Wednesday, January 2, 2008

What happens when...

You give a 14 month old a bowl of mashed potatoes?

THIS!

Joshua has been quite interested in attempting to feed himself with his spoon and fork lately, so last night when we sat down to eat our New Year's Day pork and sauerkraut, I thought I'd give him a small bowl of potatoes to work on with his spoon. He took one bite with the utensils and then decided his hands would work better. That's what led to the mess you just witnessed. Jason said it best last night when he said "I don't think his feet should even touch the floor when he's done!" And they didn't. It was straight to the tub with our messy New Years baby! He did eat a few pieces of pork, but mostly he was interested in the potatoes. See Lib, he's your nephew after all! It just took him some time to catch on to how good mashed taties are!

I thought I'd also share a pajama picture from yesterday morning. Like his moose jammies? We had a pajama morning yesterday and just played and played until we couldn't play anymore. We must have built 100 towers out of his stacking blocks and got out every new Christmas toy to play with. It was a great New Years Day for us- very quiet, very uneventful, actually boring by normal standards. But after the running around we had done around Christmas, it was wonderful to just tuck in and enjoy some time at home to start out 2008.

1 comment:

BrookesMommy said...

YAAAAAY! He IS my nephew!!! I was beginning to wonder what he deal was...how could he NOT like mashed potatoes and be a part of MY blood line?

Love the pictures! Actually laughed out loud when I saw the pictures! My students looked at me like I had 3 heads!

Happy New Year my Favorite Man! Hope to see you soon!!