Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Busy week!




Hi everyone! Sorry for the break in posts over the past few days. I feel a bit like I'm chasing my own tail these days--- busy busy. We're getting ready for Key Club convention in Hershey at the end of the week. So a short work week (with a full day to catch up from last week) has us in a bit of a tailspin here. But we're making it, one day at a time.

I wanted to share some cute pictures from the weekend and this morning. The first was my view of the boys from their play time on Saturday afternoon while I was making some chicken noodle soup in the kitchen. They were having such a good time. I'm glad the camera wasn't more than a few steps away so I didn't miss catching it. Gotta love Joshua's big boy sweater, huh?

The second picture is from this morning. Joshua was using his toy hammer to reach his back and say "back" to me over and over.

The words have continued in the past few days. He'll now tell you that a duck says "cack". He'll also point to anything with a dog on it and say "pup". Major progress, I know.

I have to share a cute story from last night at dinner as well. Joshua had a bowl of meatloaf pieces, macaroni and cheese and little pieces of broccoli. I'd have bet you a million dollars that all that would have been eaten out of the bowl was the macaroni and cheese. But Joshua was mostly interested in the broccoli. He fished through all of the food until he had gotten every last bit of the broccoli. Then he ate some macaroni and wouldn't touch the meatloaf, not surprising since it seems we're raising a self-declared vegetarian. But broccoli--- seriously?

I'll post more pictures from convention after our trip. We'll be gone Thursday through Sunday. Thank goodness my parents will be along to lend a hand with the little guy. Last year was very easy. We'd strap Joshua into the snugli and off we'd go. He slept the majority of the weekend. This year something tells me that it's going to be more of a challenge. He's already excited to see Pap and Nana, so I'm sure they'll have a great time. It'll be interesting to see how he does with the crowd this year. There's expected to be about 1000 people there altogether. Could be interesting.

See you all soon!

No comments: