Friday, February 22, 2008

It's snowing...AGAIN!




It seems like Mother Nature is in agreement with my theories on four day work weeks and three day weekends because here I am again, on a Friday afternoon, in my sweatpants at home instead of at the office. I'm not complaining...but I am feeling a bit guilty about not being there.

Joshua and I are enjoying quite a work filled day today. Since he's been up this morning (at 6:05 am), we've managed to clean all three bathrooms, clean the kitchen, dust, run the mmm....p and the swiffer. We've put away a load of laundry and started another one. We've had lunch and now Joshua is off in dreamland...he's probably exhausted! All of this cleaning breaks child labor laws, I'm sure! He did start to say "dust" when we were dusting, so we'll have to add that one to the list.

Yesterday was a wonderful day too, but I was too busy to post about it. After a whole year, Lindsay and I were able to coordinate calendars and get together for a great lunch and some shopping in Harrisburg. It was so nice to catch up. With her new baby on the way in just a few short months, there was no shortage of things to talk about! I think we could have sat at the Olive Garden for at least another full day before we were done catching up! While we took a stroll through Babies R Us, my friend Karen called to announce the results of her ultrasound from that morning....IT'S A GIRL! So we were on a bit of a pink buying frenzy. Lindsay's suspicion is that her baby is a girl as well, and that's a good thing. The spring things for little girls are SOOOOOOOO cute! So, as the results of baby boom 2008 are coming in, I'm just having more and more fun.

Last night was the United Way banquet, so Joshua and Daddy had a nice time together at home. My entrance at 8:30 was just enough to wake Joshua up, though, so the bedtime routine had to start all over again. It was after 9:30 until Joshua was asleep. You'd think he'd sleep longer, right? Not so much. He must be part rooster because when the sun starts to peek into the sky, he can't stand to be asleep for one second more.

So, I'd better get off and do some more chores while I'm not having to worry about him being right on my heels. Enjoy the snow, everybody!

No comments: