Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine Thief...

Hmmmm....are these Valentines for ME?

No Mommy, you can't have these. I'm READING them!


Breakfast antics. I thought you'd enjoy a peek at how Joshua drinks the juice from his orange pieces once he's done with the orange. Notice the "no hands" approach.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I feel like I fell a bit short of the expectations I set for myself when I told you that I'd work on some wonderful pictures from my day and a half with Joshua due to the snow. It wasn't for lack of effort. Yesterday was one of those days when I realize why I'm not a stay-at-home mom. All of you loyal blog readers know me well enough (I hope) not to classify me the world's worst mom for having said that, but it was a tough day with Joshua yesterday- the kind where I consider selling him to the circus. It was one of those days where nothing suited him. He'd pick up a toy to play with it, look at it and then throw it down on the floor and start to cry. He was up early, wouldn't eat like he normally does and wouldn't sleep like he normally does. He took a quick 1 hour nap in the afternoon which isn't anywhere near long enough for him. And I paid the price.

Fast forward to today, and my little Valentine was as cute and loveable as could be. Which made me feel supremely guilty for ever having been frustrated yesterday. And so goes motherhood I suppose. This morning when he woke up, I asked him if he'd be my Valentine- to which he smiled and then started jumping in his crib and yelling in Russian. I have no idea whether that was rejection or not, but I think he said "yes". Then when we were getting his breakfast, Jason handed me a Valentine from him and asked Joshua to give one to me too. That's when he proceeded to hoard my Valentines and keep them for himself. He opened them and enjoyed them greatly.

The other picture there is from his orange that I gave him with breakfast. He got so excited about drinking the juice out of the bowl and realized that he couldn't eat the orange fast enough to get to the juice...so he dumped out all of the pieces and drank the juice first.

He gave me a hug and a kiss before I left this morning, and I think all is forgiven from yesterday. Truth be told, it was forgiven when he fell asleep in my arms last night. It's just impossible to be frustrated with him for long. It was just one of those days for him---- and I guess we all have them.

I wish you all a wonderful, happy Valentine's Day surrounded by those you love the most. I know I sure am thankful for my two wonderful Valentines.

No comments: