Monday, February 11, 2008

Weekend Update...

Avoiding Mommy's camera this morning...but cute nonetheless.

I don't feel like this was much of a weekend for us. At least in my eyes, it went by awfully fast! Friday night Jason ended up working at a Kiwanis event, so we didn't get to spend time with him until Joshua was nearly asleep. Saturday I was at a United Way Board Meeting all day and missed spending the day with my guys terribly. But from what I hear, Joshua and daddy had quite a great time playing at home. Sunday we went to church and then I spent most of the afternoon lounging around. I've not been feeling well, so it wasn't the kind of lazy day that I'd have really enjoyed. Instead I felt guilty about not getting my list of chores done for the weekend.

Joshua has picked up a few silly tricks and words to share. The first came on Friday night when his monkey routine started. I looked away from him for literally a split second. When I turned back around, he was doing a chin up on the stove. In my best estimation, he stepped up on the drawer ledge and then used his arms to pull him up to the stove. I nearly had a fit when I saw him with his chin on the top of the stove. Our little monkey---- and one requiring the most vigilant supervision.

Joshua also learned a few new words this weekend:

"book"- Oddly enough, this one actually comes out like "book".

"clock"- But it comes out sounding like it's missing the "l". This came courtesy of the word book, but we'll hope that he doesn't choose to display his knowledge in front of people who wouldn't have a sense of humor about that kind of thing.

"horse"- This one was funny. One of Joshua's favorite new activities is puzzle dumping. While he loves putting them back together, he has just as much fun turning them upside down so that all of the pieces fall out. He has 3 wooden puzzles and they all have to be dumped at the same time. So last night, Jason and Joshua were working on putting all of these back together when Joshua realized that the horse piece was missing. He was beside himself and ran around saying "orse...orse...orse" and pointing to the empty spot on the puzzle. He even looked under tables and behind things looking for his "orse". Finally daddy came to the rescue and located the horse and all was right in the world again. Thank goodness for daddy.

Hope you're staying warm out there!

3 comments:

Megan said...

I have no idea why in the world the first paragraph is black and the rest is orange. Grrr! Blogger must be celebrating Halloween in February.

BrookesMommy said...

HELLO!
I'm sorry to be the first SICKO to post, but I can't wait to hear my man tell me all about the CLOCK!
HAHAHAHAHAHA!
It must be that silly "L" sound, since he struggled with calling me "Libby..." and it came out "Ibby!"

Oh well, Mommy - he IS a boy!

The Bingamans said...

THAT'S TOO FUNNY! That's the first thing I noticed, I thought, "Wow Megan's getting creative with the different color font!" I thought it looked neat! For next time Megan, just go with "I meant to do that!" unless it looks really bad. then blame blogger. haha Yea, I'm with you Aunt "Ibby" I can't wait too! haha "I don't care who you are, that's funny!"