Monday, April 28, 2008

100 Posts! What?

Joshua wearing his "hat" (really the suction ring to his plate) during dinner. Gotta love it.

So, when I just went to sign in to add a post, I noticed that this is officially my 100th post to Joshua's blog. Goodness...I think I may have a problem.

So, the whirlwind weekend has come to an end, and I'm happy to report that none of us is any worse for the wear. Nana and Libby may not be saying that, but you'll see why in a minute.

Saturday was a great day for me. I got a chance to visit with Lindsay and celebrate her pregnancy with her at her baby shower. She was impressed with my chocolatiering work...so I was glad about that. Joshua had a very fun day playing with Grandma and didn't realize that I wasn't at work, so I somehow felt a little less guilty for having left him on a weekend day. Those are typically special days for our family that we're pretty protective of, but evidently Joshua doesn't quite have that routine solidified in his mind. If Gram's there, mommy must be at "erk". Jason suffered with some sort of bug all day Saturday and luckily recovered fairly quickly on Sunday (thank goodness).

Sunday morning, Joshua and I went to church. He was very well behaved (not always the case), and even added his own "Ahm" when the pastor said "Amen" at the end of a prayer. It got so predictable that the people around us would start to giggle BEFORE it was time to say "Amen" because they knew what was coming.

Sunday afternoon Nana and Ap (Libby) came to play with Joshua while Jason, our friend Mark and I went off to Williamsport for the Morgan Stanley dinner and show event up there. I have to say, I really enjoyed the show. It was all violins and some guitar/percussion instruments, not something I would bet on enjoying. But I'll tell you what- these were some talented musicians and I have a greater appreciation for the violin after having been to this show. Even more impressive was the guitar player----- I was in awe. I must find the recording of one of these songs to share with my dad. It was after 10:30 until we got home, which had Nana and Libby heading for home quite late. I was worried about them, but all reports are of a safe arrival at home before midnight. Libby is teaching today with what she describes as her "tail DRAGGING", but at least they're safe.

T-minus 6 wakeups until our trip to Womb with a View (go ahead and giggle- I do every single time) to find out if my little niece or nephew is a niece or a nephew on Sunday afternoon. Baby Wray--- you better show your stuff! My bets are still that Libby is cooking up a wonderful little boy, but we'll see.

Happy Monday!

No comments: