Friday, May 16, 2008

The Potty SANG!

I apologize that it's been a few days since I last posted. Life is nuts...literally. But I had to share that we had a newsworthy moment earlier this week.

On Wednesday afternoon, I happened to be home from the office when Joshua woke up from his nap. I went to change his diaper and realized that he was dry, something I've always been told is a sign that potty training may not be out of the question. So, I asked him if he'd like to try to go in his big boy potty. He smiled and said "potty", so off we went. Well, before too long, the POTTY WAS SINGING! We clapped and said "YAY!" and were very excited. Now, I'm not dumb enough to think that peeing in the potty one time means that we're on our way to breaking up with Pampers. But, it was progress, and we'll keep working at it to see what happens. We haven't gotten lucky since, but we keep trying. He now points to the potty and calls it by name and also says "sing", so he knows that when he pees in the potty, it will sing. But that's about the extent of it.

Of course, we had to call Daddy to tell him. I'm not sure that it was appropriate to call him at work to discuss peeing, but it seemed like the right thing to do at the time and I think he was glad to know right when it happened.

Big weekend planned- we're having Karen's baby shower tomorrow afternoon and there is much to be done for that. It'll be a special Daddy and Joshua day tomorrow while all of the preparations are being made.

Happy weekend everybody!

No comments: