Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Progress...



I have a bit of photo overload, but I hope it makes up for my lack of posting photos over the past week or so. The little guy is on the move, constantly, so snapping pictures is getting increasingly difficult. Gone are the days of snapping 10 in a row while he's sleeping peacefully in his bouncy seat. Now it's more like snapping 10 to get one where he's not just a blur in the passing.

We had a great weekend, albeit a busy one. Friday was carpet cleaning day at our house (desperately needed, might I add), so Joshua and I headed to Nana's for the day because of our wet floors. Joshua was quite disappointed that Pap was nowhere to be found. I had explained that Pap was at camp with his friends, to which Joshua repeated "friends" every time. But he still knocked on their bedroom door and stood at the top of their basement steps calling for Pap as though he expected him to appear any minute. We headed home on Saturday morning to attempt to do some chores. We didn't get too far, and mostly spent our time playing and unpacking.

Sunday was another busy day. We ended up not being able to go to church because Joshua was in monster mode- screaming at EVERYTHING, whether he got his way or not. He was really clingy and didn't find it acceptable if I left his side or put him down even for a second. It was a trying morning, and kept us from being able to go to church which disappointed me. But there was no sense sharing my miserable child with the world. After his nap, he woke up a completely different little boy. Jason was thankful since it was a Daddy afternoon. I had left during Joshua's nap to head to Lemoyne to meet Libby and Zig, my mom and Zig's mom and step-dad for the big reveal on Baby Wray.

Womb with a View was incredible. I definitely lost the bet because Baby Wray is a GIRL! We're so excited for them, and Joshua is thrilled about baby Brooke coming to be his new playmate. I've already promised Lib that I'll have some "dirt clothes" for her to wear when she and Joshua are playing together. Now we just have to wait until September to meet this sweet baby girl. Let the pink buying begin!

I titled this post progress because it seems that in the past 4-5 days, Joshua has gone crazy with the two word phrases and two syllable words he can handle. Like suddenly his little brain is able to process more than one word or one sound at a time. It's been loads of fun to listen to. He's said "Club Bob" (referring to my dad's basement hangout at their house), "mmm...cake" quickly followed by "ice cream" from a page in his word book, "love Dad" and "love Mom" (our personal favorites), "hurt Josh" and "plugs bad" (gee, do you think he's gotten scolded for getting into things?). It's been so much fun to experience this all with him. I can't imagine that life gets too much better than this!

I'll see you all soon. Enjoy the pictures!


No comments: