Thursday, June 26, 2008

"Monday"...

I have a silly picture this morning to go with a silly little update. Really, there's nothing earth shattering to report. We had a nice evening last night. Joshua got to help Daddy cut the grass, one of Joshua's most favorite activities. Then we had a very gourmet dinner of pizza, followed by more playing, and then we tried to start settling down for bed time. The routine worked the same as it always does, but Joshua wasn't asleep until 10:45 last night. I'm not a subscriber to the theory that kids need to be in bed at 7:00, but this was a little ridiculous.

The funny thing is that Joshua is starting to learn his days of the week. He knows that the garbage man "come house" on Fridays. He'll repeat the others if you prompt him. But his favorite is definitely Monday. Everything I asked him this morning was answered with "Monday"...as in, "Not right now Mommy, I'll do it on Monday." He wanted breakfast on Monday. Then a bologna sandwich for lunch on Monday. Then to brush his teeth on Monday. I told him I'd see him after work before I left and he said "Monday". He'll get it..........eventually.

And finally, on the level of grand observations, it was quite humorous to watch a new show that was on tv last night called "The Baby Borrowers". Anyone with kids or with an appreciation children would get a kick out of this. Evidently, teenagers who had a deluded interest in having a child of their own are saddled with the responsibility of someone else's small child and forced to manage the work load associated with having a baby in the house. I was mortified as I watched parents handing over their young babies (6 months - 1 year) to these teenagers who obviously had ZERO clue. Jason even looked at me and said, "You'd never EVER do that would you?" To which I replied, "Uh, NO!" As it turned out, the parents of the children were watching everything that was going on from a house across the street and could step in any time they wanted to. Many did...because the kids were really screwing things up (ie. suggesting that if the baby didn't want to eat, they should just let them starve, or not changing a baby's clothes or diaper at all before trying to lay them down for the night). So, if you're looking for a good chuckle, check it out. I guess they're going to move on to the toddlers soon----- now THAT ought to make for some good comedy.

Happy Monday......I mean, Thursday.

No comments: