Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It's been a while...






It's been a fun few days for Joshua. And hopefully with the wealth of photos I've just posted, you'll forgive the length of time since my last post. I do have a few tidbits that you may find interesting, or at least worth your check in on our little state-of-the-union blog site.
First, I think it's now safe to completely declare victory in Battle Bink. We're coming up on almost one week and there have been no relapses that I'm aware of. After some struggles this weekend, we are completely pacifier free and very proud of our big boy. Honestly, as with all other transitions, this wasn't nearly as bad as I anticipated. That means I either have a very adaptable child (not likely) or I have a very overactive imagination that makes me worried unnecessarily about how hard things are going to be. (Don't even start with me...isn't admiting it enough for you people?) In place of his bink, Joshua got to bring home a toy Goofy from the beloved Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
We had a bit of a scare with a suspected shingles outbreak that poor Grandma thought she was getting. Page back up to see about me and being neurotic, but I'm pretty sure you understand how this went. We were all under the impression that shingles was not contagious, but I made a call to the doctors office just to be sure. As it turns out, they're DEFINITELY contagious to little people. So, until Grandma got to go to the doctor, I stayed with Josh. By Monday, it had been determined NOT to be shingles, and we were back on track.
The pictures I've posted are from our friend Cooper's first birthday FIRETRUCK party. Joshua got to check out a real fire truck for the first time and he loved it. Pap and Nana were there too, so they got to spend some time with him as well and he seemed to enjoy that. The hat he's wearing in the pictures is my dad's--- no interest in wearing his own. Just "Pap's hat". They spent some time playing in the stones, which was a big hit with Joshua. Needless to say, when I brought him home from the party, I pulled about 3 handfuls of stones out of his onesie. Gotta love boys. I'm particularly fond of the picture of Joshua with his balloon. After a balloon rescue from Joshua letting go of it, and taking it off of his wrist, we decided that it might be best to tie it on to his beltloop.
In terms of new things he's learned, Joshua can now officially count to 8 on his own, but he goes all the way to 10 if you prompt him a little bit. He's learning more letters and trying to write them on his little magna doodle thingie. He's able to put about 4 words together in a little broken sentence these days, and is coming up with new words right and left. His newest one is helicopter (he says COP-ter) and then tells you that it's in the sky. He's managed to learn how to go up and down the ledge of our patio with no assistance. It's not always graceful, and he's taken quite a few spills, but he's getting pretty good at going up and down and will do it ad nauseum.
I'll be back in touch more frequently over the next few days with more pictures, I hope. Now that things are settling down a little bit, I should be more reliable with my Joshua alerts and photo updates.
See you all soon!

No comments: