Friday, June 20, 2008

Fun with Sydney!




I thought you might enjoy a sneak peek at Joshua and Sydney's play time last evening. Our plan began with the idea of a nice wagon ride for the kids...which didn't last long. The picture you see of Joshua and Syd in the wagon was really the last time that Sydney was pleased with the idea. She preferred to walk beside the wagon while we went around the development (on the short loop). So, we thought it might be best to let them run and play in the front yard instead of continuing our trek. I guess the mommies didn't need the exercise as much as we thought we did. The best giggle of the evening came when Sydney got to ride on Joshua's tractor. She didn't quite get the idea of pushing the button in and holding it there to make the tractor go, so she jerked and lerched quite a bit. Hopefully there's no baby whiplash being suffered today after the wild ride. The older they get, the more fun it is to see them playing together.

I also am pleased to report that we're pacifier free at our house. I hope it's not too soon to declare victory on that, but we've managed a bed time and now a nap time without the bink...and I'm so proud of my little buddy for being so cooperative. I had thought that it was soon time to take it away, and had a goal of his 2nd birthday to get rid of it. Last night after his tub and books, I thought I'd give it a try with putting him to sleep minus his pacifier. It wasn't easy, but it worked. And he slept through the night without too much trouble. He did fuss for a minute around 4:30 this morning, but put himself back to sleep on his own without searching for the bink in his crib. Naptime today was similar, but he's still dreaming away. So...yay for the big boy! When he asked for his bink last night and this afternoon I told him, "You don't need that yucky bink." And then he said "ucky bink" like "Yeah, Mom! You got it!" Here's to hoping the streak continues.

Happy Weekend!

No comments: