Monday, June 2, 2008

Zonked...

I just had to share these few pictures. "Zonked" seems to correctly capture it in both of the ones above. We had a busy, though relatively unexciting weekend. There was enough going on to disrupt Joshua's schedule, but he's getting more adaptable in his old age. Check out the hat turned to the side in the first one. And yes, that is our child FACING FORWARD in his car seat. Gasp! He reached the height limit for rear facing and needed to turn. He loves it. I always joke that now he can see where he's going instead of where he's been.

Friday night was a home night. We attempted chores, but didn't get too far.

Saturday we ended up going to the grocery store where we ran into Karen. Joshua called him Kar-nen. Very cute. All plans got messed up when my grocery organizing left a bit to be desired. I wound up with an extra trip to the store on Saturday afternoon when I was supposed to be cooking ahead for the week and getting cleaning done.

Sunday morning we were church skippers (had to clean the bathrooms sometime!) and then worked on a Kiwanis project walking the streets of downtown Lewisburg yesterday afternoon. Joshua seemed to enjoy the outdoors time. I figured he'd sleep in the stroller while we walked, but evidently there was too much to look at for him to do that. Within 2 minutes of pulling out of the parking lot, the first picture was taken. Which presented a problem--- how would we get him out of the carseat and into bed STILL ASLEEP once we got home in a few minutes? The answer...we wouldn't. He woke up and didn't fall back asleep until after 4:00, not for lack of trying on my part. So, he was still sleeping when I woke him up at 5:00 for fear of him not going to bed that night.

So, this morning, he was still asleep at 8:15. Unbelievable, I know. But he had some catching up to do. Once he woke up, I took the following few pictures. He's so happy in the mornings...I love it. Gotta love those monster PJ's too, huh? They say "What are you looking at?" on the front. Cracks me up everytime he wears them.

Enjoy the pics. More soon!






1 comment:

BrookesMommy said...

LOVE THE NEW PICTURES!
I laughed out loud when I saw what the PJ's said on the front...
"Whatta YOU lookin' at??"
He's so cute!

I miss MY MAN!