Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A few cute updates...

This is likely to sound a bit disjointed...and I guess it is, but I wanted to post a few cute stories about Joshua over the past day or so.

"Mickey Sick"
I keep forgetting to write about this, but perhaps Joshua has some future medical school aspirations. When we left for the wedding in New Jersey, Nana came with a new musical set in tow for him to play with. Interestingly enough, he's enjoyed playing with the music stuff, but he seems to think that it's doctor equipment. He'll tell me that "Mickey's sick", lay him down on the couch or on the floor, and then start "checking" things. Last night he said "check body", "check ears", "check tummy" while poking at Mickey with his clapper and maracas. Very strange. We'll keep the hopes alive for scholarships to college and medical school.

"What time is?"
Joshua is famous for his questions, but lately he's been holding up his arm to look at his watch (which he doesn't have, by the way) and then asks, "Mommy, what time is?" I have no idea why he's so concerned with the time, especially considering he doesn't have a social calendar or a sports schedule to keep up with yet. I don't know, maybe he has a date or something. It's very cute.

"Chinchilla"
I seriously did not know what a chinchilla was until my not-quite-two-year-old taught me last night. He was coloring in a Diego coloring book and all of a sudden pointed out a picture of a chinchilla to both Jason and I. Seriously...a chinchilla. Now that's necessary knowledge isn't it?

"Holy Moly"
I had to laugh last evening and Joshua running around the house saying "Holy Moly" at everything. Mostly I think he likes it because it rhymes and he seems to be big on rhyming things right now, usually he giggles and carries on at how funny it sounds that he's making rhymes, although they usually don't make much sense (like "schmooky hooky" and "poop hoop" and things like that to get a giggle out of you). But last night it was "Holy Moly" and he continued to be enamored with the phrase this morning before I left for the office.

We'll see what new little things he has in store for us tonight! Maybe some pictures tomorrow...

No comments: