Monday, August 25, 2008

Can you see me now?

My picture woes continue--- although I hope it's just the State Farm Powers who are frowning on me for taking a break from insurance and posting photos of my favorite little subject. So, I'm trying a new route. Hopefully this works.

This picture is of Joshua yesterday before breakfast. His favorite story to read right now is "The Poky Little Puppy". Actually, if I'm being honest, this has been a favorite of his for a long time, but I tire of it so quickly that I'll hide it until he forgets about it. (Another Mommy confession.) Well, it was found last week and we've been reading it hundreds of times a day. The good news is that Joshua is basically reading it to himself these days. He literally has the first two pages memorized---- it makes my head spin to listen to him reading to himself. I know it's all memorization, and we're not dealing with moments of brilliance, but it's still impressive. I thought it was funny that he wasn't even sitting down in the picture, just hunkering down in his pajamas to read.

No comments: