Monday, August 4, 2008

Thanks Danaca!



I couldn't resist sharing these photos that I received today from my new favorite photographer, Danaca! Seeing the quality on these photos makes me want to add her camera to my Santa Claus wish list this year. Wow! These were taken during Cousins Day 2008 in July and I just love them, particularly the one that I call "Check Mail" (I hope Lindsay saw that!)

All in the Dugan household are recovering from the weekend. Joshua is making it a bit more difficult than I'd prefer with his newest sleeping antics. I'm telling you what--- this kid and his sleeping! I'm beginning to think that I'm getting paid back for the kind of sleeper I was for my parents...and I sense that I'll have the same kinds of stories and sentiments to share in 30 years that they do about me in my younger years. Trust me, they're not endearing stories. This is going to sound really silly to anyone who doesn't know what I've been through with my darling son. Last night was actually a little easier than many of the others we've worked through. He woke up crying at 4:30 and didn't end up being asleep enough to move until 6:00 am. Even then, I made Jason move him because I was too chicken to chance him waking up! Every night for about the past week it's been the same idea. He wakes up in the middle of the night and then takes anywhere from an hour to 4 hours to fall back to sleep. As long as you're with him he's OK, but don't even TRY to put him down awake. I'll take any and all suggestions from those with experience. At this point, we're muddling through under the assumption that "this too shall pass". And it better, or else Joshua will forever be an only child. I can't have TWO like this!

1 comment:

BrookesMommy said...

OH DEAR!
So...are you SURE that you want to leave for a weekend when he's NOT sleeping??

Just kidding! I can handle it!
After all, he is my gorgeous man!