Wednesday, September 3, 2008

T-Minus 6 Wakeups...

UNTIL BABY BROOKE COMES (or at least starts to come, but let's not get hung up on technicalities)! Looks like the birthday party for Brooke is going to start sometime on Tuesday (her Daddy's birthday) and may extend into Wednesday (her Pappy Wray's birthday who's watching over her from Heaven). I'm so excited for them that I can't even stand it. And I can only imagine the excitement building in Libby and Zig's house...


We're looking very forward to spending our last "pre-Brooke" weekend with Mom, Dad, Lib and Zig in Lewistown this weekend. Joshua better enjoy not having to share his beloved Aunt Ibby...although I have a feeling we'll have a pretty even trade off when we're together. I can't wait to meet our new niece and love her to pieces. The whole idea of Libby and I both having children is very surreal...it seems like it was only yesterday that we were playing Hungry Hungry Hippos on our front porch with our neighborhood friends and dressing up our Cabbage Patch Kids for walks around the block. Maybe it felt strange to her when Joshua was born too...I don't know. But I'm so proud of my baby sister and her wonderful husband and just can't wait to share parenthood with them. They're going to be AWESOME!


In other news, Joshua slept through the night last night! YAY for our little monkey! I woke up at 5:00 to the alarm clock...and then realized that I felt pretty rested. Joshua woke for the first time at 5:45, but fell fast asleep again until about 7:30. He awoke smiling and very proud of himself. I sure hope we can get back into this kind of a schedule again soon. Mommy likes to sleep at least a little bit during the night.


Enjoy a few pictures from this morning...he was making some silly faces and I tried to capture them the best I could.





No comments: